EASSH is an umbrella organisation gathering together over 50 of the most active European organisations working in the social sciences and humanities, including universities and research institutes.
Our mission: to ensure that the social sciences and humanities research community has a role in influencing the design and development of science policy.
We do this by being an accessible and informed representative for socials sciences and humanities in science policymaking, which :
- Ensure that proper attention is paid to social sciences and humanities at all levels of research and innovation and education policies
- Demonstrates how social sciences and humanities define and address the societal issues of greatest concern to EU citizens
- Argues to ensure these societal issues for part of the science policy debate in Europe and beyond
- Creates a focal point to connect national, European and international social sciences and humanities organisations, and policy – and decision-makers
- Engages with decision-makers and funders from every sector, from industry to charitable foundations, from politics to community organisations
- Provides a forum for members to identify and discuss issues of common interest
- Fosters the interests of its members with respect to the institutions of the European Union and other European and international bodies in all fields relevant to social sciences and humanities
- Acts as a partner for targeted actions, delivering work that demonstrates the impact and value of the social sciences and humanities
- Works with ministries, foundations, public and private institutions to ensure the visibility of social sciences and humanities research
Find out more, and joint the conversation: